Office Policies

We require masks, regardless of vaccination status. We schedule by appointment only and ask that if you want a same day appointment you call, rather than simply walk in. Thank you.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Morning Reflection: Seeing Yourself


You cannot read the label on your own jar”.

Meaning: you can’t see your own problems as clearly as you see everyone else’s.

I have reached a point in my life where I truly believe that the only true enemy that exists to my happiness and success is looking right back at me in the mirror each morning.

If I am to take ownership of my life, then I have to own my problems. However, most of the time, we can’t see our problems. The bible talks about seeing the ‘mote’ or speck in someone else’s eye but not seeing the ‘beam’ or speck in your own eye.

I think that’s partly because you can see their inconsistencies, whereas facing your own usually means confronting powerful and painful emotions that you don’t want to experience.

What do you see when you look at yourself? What do others see when they look at you?

I wish I could see myself the way you see me, because all I see is my own distorted view.

I wish you could see yourself like I do. Chances are, I think you are amazing.

Dr. Alan Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment